Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Styling Tips | A Base of Leggings

Repeat after me: "Leggings are not pants." Now, repeat three more times, write out twenty more times and vow to never wear leggings in lieu of pants ever again. 

Leggings have their own special place in a fashion girlies wardrobe and we need to treat them with the respect that they deserve. Don't wear any that are shiny or torn. Don't wear one with slits down the sides or ones that are too small. Also offensive are leggings that are too big for you because then, let's be honest, it look alike you crapped your pants. And that is just gross. 

Don't get me wrong, though, I love leggings. They are comfy, warm and right now thanks to plummeting temperatures are my go to for building outfits. So, here are some tips for making our beloved leggings the base of some stylish outfits that are sure to become your daily go-to's. 



Transform your leggings into a professional ensemble by pairing it with a full A line skirt and keeping warm with a fitted long sleeve top. I always like to add in some colour, so have fun with your accessories like I did here with a pair of green suede booties and a saturated hued fuchsia cross body. 

cole haan booties. vince camuto crossbody. 

Brunch is by far my favourite meal of the day and anytime I have the opportunity to go for brunch with my favourite fashion girlies I take it. For me brunch means being comfortable and opting to make a statement through my accessories. You'll note here I only have a tunic with leggings, but this is acceptable so long as the tush is covered by the top (we know you have a hot backside, but this is brunch, let's be modest). Because of the weather right now you could also throw on a classic boyfriend blazer or even a luscious faux fur vest for warmth.

nine west handbag. michael kors watch. vince camuto boots.

Dinner date with the boy or dinner date with the mama, take advantage and glam it up a bit. Bold accessories, rich tones and textures give this outfit edge and femininity all in one. 

vince camuto crossbody. michael michael kors booties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment