Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easing Into It

I have a running joke with mama felicity&fritz that we break out every year around this time. The joke being directed to those few individuals who get so excited as soon as they see the temperature rise above two degrees and show their glee bare limbs and flips flops. Their gleefulness, of course, accompanied with an apparent expression of "crap-still-too-cold-for-this-outfit-but-too-late-to-turn-back" which in turn (as twisted as it may be) makes me and mama felicity&fritz smile just a little bit. When it comes to transitioning from flurry skies to warm afternoons there are some key pieces that not only make the change fashionable but much less embarrassingly inappropriate. 


Living in a city with a weather system as temperamental as Daffy Duck, this fashion blogger has learned some tricks that not only allow me to take advantage of the weather but also stay warm when it's less than favourable. Some key words fashion girlies -- Layers. Blazers. Hot-hued-accessories. Stockings. Chunky-jewellery. Booties. Opened-toe pumps. Light-knits. Scarves. Crayola-bright-apparel. 

Jump to the next page for some outfit ideas!










*photos sourced from refinery29.com 


For more inspiration look here, here, and here.


☮ peace and fashion 

1 comment:

  1. So funny that you mention those who dress for summer too soon, as I always think the same thing. I would consider myself the opposite, as I have never owned a proper business-like spring jacket, so I wear my winter dress coat for way too long.

    Thanks for the advice on making the transition a little bit easier. Now all I have to do is get my hands on that beautiful green coat (from the previous post) and I am all set.

    If only I could pull off those amazing outfits. Much as I love fashion, I will never truly be 'fashionable' or 'fashion-forward'. Small pieces of my wardrobe may fit the bill, but overall I am too plain for this kind of beauty.

    Great post, I enjoyed reading it. Can't wait for the next one!

    Ta ta for now.

    ReplyDelete