Thursday, July 29, 2010

Look Hot, Be Cool

With the summer sun burning down on us, it's hard to look hot without literally looking hot (i.e melted popsicle). This fashion blogger can easily sit in the sun all day but putting together an outfit that doesn't consist of a bikini top and bottom which will keep me from suffering heat stroke requires some work. There are, however, some essential pieces I am gravitating toward and here is why.
J. Crew Panama Hat: For me, a sun hat is a summer staple I look forward to wearing each year. For fashion girls with dark hair especially, a hat is a life saver when it comes to the summer sun.
Madewell Tank Romper: At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the romper. Then I bought one. Now I am hooked. With all the practicality of a summer dress, you throw this bad boy on paired with a couple of light accessories and you're golden.
DKNY Shirt Dress: Easy to wear and can be taken from shopping day trip to dinner out on a patio with just a quick change of flats to heels.
Alexander Wang Zipper Motif Sunglasses: As I have mentioned, here, I have an obsession with sunglasses. But I mean really, they are an essential every fashion girl needs not just in the summer but year round. 
Cole Haan Halsley Thong Sandal: With heat comes inevitable swelling of feet (ugh). As such when I am running around town, I like to wear the most minimal flats to avoid any unwanted blisters. 
Cora Thomas Necklace & Ring: While I am all for a chunky statement necklace, seen here, when it is 40°C outside I want very few things touching (or sticking) to my skin. Dainty jewelry can still have the impact of an elaborate statement necklace; just look for unique pendants and try layering a couple of pieces for similar visual interest as that of a bulky necklace.
Madewell Boarwalk Shorts: These silk shorts are perfect for summer. Lightweight and easy to dress up or down, if they came in a magnitude of colours I would buy my size in each.
Cole Haan Ali Crossbody: When the sun is beaming down on me, the last thing I really want to do is carry around my 10lb handbag. A small crossbody bag helps to prioritize what I need with me when I leave the house and keeps my hands free for while I am picking flowers at the Farmers Market. 


☮ peace and fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment