Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Felicity's Book Shelf - Influenced

There are obvious downsides to finding yourself (wide)awake at 2:30 AM. Coming to the realization sleep was no longer an option, I reached for Influence (2008, Penguin Group); a book, while on my bookshelf for over a year, I have never gotten around to fully reading.

Upon reading the Infuence's introduction, written by Ashley Olsen, one part in particular stood out: "Whether it's my family, my friends, a novel I have read a hundred times over or my favourite painting, I'm really just a sum of many different parts."

Ultimately, for myself anyhow, this statement defines what it means to be influenced. Influence isn't something that changes or makes you into something you were never meant to be. Rather, to be influenced or inspired is to accept and embrace the defining people, moments, events, songs, artwork, places in your lifetime and allowing them help shape you into the greatest possible you.


Photo taken from Influence

☮ peace and fashion


No comments:

Post a Comment