Monday, September 26, 2011

Threes Company

I often wake up in the morning with songs running through my mind. I'll have these melodies stuck on repeat throughout my day until I get so busy I forget the song I ever woke up singing. This morning I woke up to the tune of the theme song of Three's Company. What? You don't wake up to 70's sitcom theme songs? Weirdo. 

It's only fitting that today's Monday pick me up be the FW11 Louis Vuitton campaign featuring three gorgeous women - Christy Turlington, Karen Elson and Natalia Vodianova - who flawlessly encapsulate the trending madmen esthetic. Please note the shoes (wide flattened bows, anyone?) and handbags (jacquard inspired carryalls and doctor bags? YEP!). 

While these fashions of great theatrics are a few steps above Chrissy's midriff tops and Jacks seemingly skin tight flared denim, I like to think the ladies in this FW campaign are singing "Come and knock on our door" internally as they sit looking off into whatever may be in the distance (Perhaps a modern day Jack Tripper dressed in a perfectly tailored dark charcoal pinstripe suit with soft leather loafers. In white of course.) 

Happy Monday!




☮ peace and fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment