Monday, August 1, 2011

Almost Famous

However many years ago before my aunt got married, she gifted me a selection of her most loved VHS (yes, VHS...ahhh the good old days) movies including 10 Things I Hate About You, Notting Hill and Almost Famous. I swooned over Heath Ledger in 10 Things, tried to understand Hugh Grant's accent and became totally mesmerized with all that wavy beach hair, crop topped and flared denim. (and I mean really, at eleven years old, it's a good thing it was the fashion I was focusing on rather than the *cough* sex, drugs and rock and roll....literally).


Aaaaanyhow, I digress. The runway shows of S/S11 provided plenty of Almost Famous inspiration in the form of all that is flared and wide-legged. While there is the notion that this ever returning style will date you back to the 70's, there is a way dear fashion girlies to wear this trend without looking like you're "supporting the band". 




Topping your flares with a silky shirt takes the look from casual to sophisticated.



Steer clear of flats and sandals or you risk the potential of a) chunky leg syndrome or b) the i'm-still-in-college look. Choose wedges or chunky heels balancing out the wide leg of the pant


To streamline the flared look, opt for a belt (preferably wide) in solid tones like chocolate and slate in a great leather.


☮ peace and fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment